Bio-Radar Sensor for Human Presence Detection, IR24VDA
The IR24VDA radar module is a radar detection module based on the millimeter wave Doppler radar theory, which realizes human biological motion perception and human biological perception. This module is based on the enhanced Doppler radar signal processing theory, and realizes wireless perception of the status of personnel in a specific place through the synchronous sensing technology of Doppler parameters of personnel movement and physiological parameters of personnel. It can be tested with our radar test board.(DERADAR-24G)
If you want to learn more about how to choose the Radar Product, please Click Here.
This module has the following working characteristics:
1. This module limits the detection object to people (moving or stationary), and eliminates the interference of other inanimate objects in the environment;
2. This module realizes the synchronous perception function of moving personnel and stationary personnel;
3. This module effectively eliminates the interference of non-living objects, and can also detect non-living moving objects;
4. The product supports secondary development and adapts to various scenarios;
5. This module is not affected by factors such as temperature, light, dust, etc. It has high sensitivity and a wide range of applications.
● Detection of stationary human body;
● 24GHz millimeter wave radar sensor;
● Based on the frequency modulated continuous wave FMCW radar technology, it realizes the two-dimensional area personnel perception function;
● Realize the synchronous perception function of moving and stationary people;
● Maximum distance of motion perception: ≤13m;
● Maximum distance of slight motion perception: ≤5m;
● Maximum distance of human perception: ≤3m;
● Antenna beam width: horizontal 90°/vertical 60°;
● Possesses the ability to recognize scenes, identify someone/nobody, detect personnel activity status, and output movements signal;
● The output power is small, and long-term exposure does not harm the human body;
● Nobody to someone: within 0.5 seconds;
● Someone to nobody: more than 1 minute.
The suggested installation methods of this radar module include horizontal installation, inclined installation and top installation.
|Horizontal installation||Inclined installation||Top installation|
1. Motion detection function
2. Slight motion detection function
3. Environmental status assessment
4. Early warning design
* The respiration and sleeping monitor radar IR24BDA
* The fall detection function requires the fall detection radar IR24FDA
* The sleep monitoring function requires the sleep monitoring radar IR24SMA.
Typical application scenario 1 — Home & Hotel
Typical application scenario 2 — Office & Hospitals & Nursing homes
1. Detection Angle and Distance
|IR24VDA (8 point narrow beam antenna)|
|Detecting Distance of Active Personnel||-||-||13||m|
|Perception Distance of Static/Active (slight motion) Personnel||-||-||5||m|
|Radar Detection Angle(Horizontal)||-||90||-||degree|
|Radar Detection Angle(Pitch Angular)||-||60||-||degree|
2. Electrical Parameters
|Operating IO Input/Output Current (IIO)||-||8||20||mA|
3. RF Performance