Wireless 24G Bio-Radar Sensor for Respiration and Sleep Monitoring, IR24BDA
The IR24BDA radar module is a radar detection module based on the millimeter wave Doppler radar theory, which achieves human biological motion perception, human biological perception and human respiration detection.This module is based on the enhanced Doppler radar signal processing theory, and achieves wireless perception of the status of personnel in a specific place through the synchronous sensing technology of Doppler parameters of personnel movement and physiological parameters of personnel.
The 32 array antenna form of this module: wide beam radar module. The wide beam radar module is mainly applicable to the top installation mode to realize radar detection in a large angle range; If it is used for horizontal or inclined installation, it is necessary to pay attention to the occlusion of the actual scene in order to realize the radar detection function in a longer range.
● It realizes the synchronous perception function of moving personnel and static personnel (sitting and sleeping);
● It can keep the detection of static personnel and ensure real-time output;
● It can keep relevant information such as sleep and respiration of sleepers and record relevant sleep time curve information;
● It can quickly output the far and near state of the target range radar;
● It can detect various motion amplitudes and output numerical state in real time;
● It can limit the detection object to persons with biological characteristics (moving or stationary), and eliminate the interference of other inanimate objects in the environment;
● This module can effectively eliminate the interference of non-living objects, and can also realize the detection of non living moving objects;
● The product supports secondary development and adapts to a variety of scenarios;General UART communication interface to provide general protocol;
● Four groups of I/O are reserved, which can be input and output according to user definition, or simple interface simulation;
● Low output power, no harm to human body;
● It is not affected by temperature, light, dust and other factors, with high sensitivity and wide application fields.
The beam coverage of IR24BDA radar module is shown in Figure 3.The coverage is a 3D fan-shaped area, horizontal 40°,pitching 40°.
Note: Affected by the radar beam characteristics, the radar operates far in the normal direction of the antenna plane, but the operating distance deviates from the normal direction of the antenna will become shorter.When the radar is installed on the top or obliquely, the radar is affected by the radar beam range and effective radiation space.The scope of action will be reduced, which needs attention when using.
A.Human respiration detection；
(1) Max detection ranger：≤2.75 m；
(2) Response time：≤60s；
B. Respiration rate statistics：
(3) Max detection ranger：≤1.5m；
(4) Max respiration detection frequency：≤30 times；
(5) Minimal respiration detection frequency：≥12 times；
C. Sleep quality evaluation；
D.Sleep duration records；
E. Environmental state evaluation；
F. Alert design
1. Start Time
When the module starts to work when it is initially powered on, it is necessary to completely reset the internal circuit of the module and fully evaluate the environmental noise to ensure the normal operation of the module. Therefore, when the module is initially powered on, it needs a startup stability time of ≥30s to ensure the validity of subsequent output parameters.
2. Effective detection distance
The detection range of the radar module is greatly related to the target RCS and environmental factors. The effective detection range may change with changes in the environment and the target. This module does not have a ranging function for the time being, so it is normal for the effective detection range to fluctuate within a certain range.
3. Radar biological detection performance
Because human biological characteristics belong to ultra-low frequency and weak reflection characteristic signals, radar processing requires a relatively long cumulative processing.During the cumulative process, many factors may affect the radar parameters, so occasional detection failure is normal.
The radar module requires higher power quality than conventional lowfrequency circuits. When powering the module, it is required that the power supply has no threshold glitches or ripples and that it effectively shields the power supply noise caused by accessory equipment.
The radar module needs to be well grounded. Due to the ground noise brought by other circuits, the performance of the radar module may even be reduced or even work abnormally; the most common cause is a shorter detection distance or an increased false alarm rate. In order to ensure the normal operation of the VCO circuit inside the module, the power supply requirement for this module is + 5V- + 6V power supply, voltage ripple≤50mV. The external power supply must provide sufficient current output capability and transient response capability.
1. Detection Angle and Distance
2. Electrical Parameters
3. RF Performance
EXTERNAL DIMENSION AND I/O PIN ASSIGNMENT
1. External Dimension
2. I/O Pin Assignment
1) Interface 1
2) Interface 2
1. S1 output: high level-someone, low level-nobody;
2. S2 output: high level-active, low level-static;
3. GP1 ～ GP4 are parameter selection control terminals, which can be redefined according to user needs.
4. All output signals from this interface are 3.3V level.